STATE PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING CORPORATION, RATMALANA
Enhancing production capacity through commissioning of a high speed tablet press at State Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Corporation
As Sri Lanka’s largest and leading pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility, SPMC has been known for its quality and reliability for over two decades. In its drive to strengthen its production capacity this iconic institution installed and commissioned its first high speed tablet press to achieve greater productivity
Premium responsible for overall project implementation and technical training and maintenance
With over 90% of the country’s required pharmaceuticals imported annually, the government of Sri Lanka has a tough challenge to build the required local technical capacity.
In order to strengthen and improve the production capacity of SPMC, a high speed tablet press was acquired from a globally renowned German technology partner, Korsch AG – Germany.
- Successful commissioning of a high speed tablet press and related instrumentation
- A unit capacity of over 600 million added annually to the existing production volumes generating a 25% increase
- Facilitating SPMC to successfully produce “caplets” for the first time, improving patient convenience and market acceptability for its molecules
- Design and engineering works
- Supply and commissioning of an integrated high speed tablet press unit and related instrumentation
- Facilitating user training and technical maintenance