PHARMA OSD MANUFACTURING FACILITY, KOGGALA
Development of Sri Lanka’s largest and most modern oral solid dosage (OSD) pharmaceutical manufacturing facility for Laugfs Holdings
Over the years Sri Lanka has seen a marked increase in healthcare expenditure especially in pharmaceuticals. Over 90% of pharmaceuticals are imported. Given the country’s disease profile and aging population, healthcare expenditure is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12%. This facility will help reduce the dependency on imports and supply the government, private and overseas generic markets.
This landmark project will be designed and completed to international standards and would be the first facility to achieve the prestigious EU GMP certification in Sri Lanka.
- State of the art integrated pharmaceutical manufacturing facility of over 140,000 sq ft of building on an 8.2 acre land area.
- Exclusive pharma production facilities for beta lactum and non beta lactum molecules
- Impressive product basket comprising of tablets, capsules, dry powder, softgel, suppositories and ointments made to the highest international quality and standards.
- Over 50 molecules identified for production with many cutting edge medication never before manufactured in Sri Lanka
- Concept development, market research and validation
- Preparation of financial feasibility, project proposal and master plan
- Obtaining regulatory approvals facilitating land acquisition and development
- Consultancy services covering architectural design, engineering design, process design and production
- Preparation of BOQ, user requirement specifications for machinery, tendering, evaluation and recommendation
- Complete project management and contract administration services
- Facilitating validation of the plant, recruitment of staff and training
- Facilitating technology transfer